Wednesday, April 2, 2014

O Lord, all my longing is known to you; my sighing is not hidden from you. (Psalm 38:9)

My faith sets me free.
I am not alone.
 
Today's reflection is by Ashley, member of the Lutheran Episcopal Ministry at MIT

I don’t have to remember everything.
I don’t have to carry it all myself.
 
I am not alone in knowing my regrets, my struggles, my fears.
I am not alone in dreaming my dreams and celebrating my victories.
 
I am not wholly dependent on those around me.
I can stand on my own, but I don’t have to.
I can fall down, dust myself off, and get up again.
 
I don’t have to have it all figured out.
I don’t have to figure it all out. Not today. Not tomorrow.
 
I am loved and cherished.
I am known, and I can be free.
 
Free to take a deep breath and stop for a moment. Or two.
 
Free to listen.
Free to loosen my grip and let it go.
Free to do the right thing instead of being right.
Free to say “I’m sorry” and “I forgive you.”
 
Free to challenge myself.
Free to believe in myself and others.
 
Free to be less fearful and more brave.
Free to be less rigid and more flexible.
Free to break old habits and try new ones.
Free to have fun and delight in life.
 
Free to love and be loved. 

No comments:

Post a Comment